Skip to main content

Popular posts from this blog

You missed me, I'm flattered

Hello Peasants, multiples of yous have requested an updated blog post- like whyyyyyy tho? Please note the following reasons for which I have stopped blogging: IG stories now keeps all of my highlighted content from my travels I keep a journal for the deep stuff I have become more introverted and am very intentional about spending purposeful time with people that matter to me- basically all of the important people already know what's going on in my life. If you read my blog... well then, lets rethink our friendship But I'll bite, I'll provide a quick update of a few places I have traveled to and a few things I have learned about myself/God/the world/existence/life/people etc., since my last post.  Alrighty, lets dive in - I'll try to keep it brief (skip to the end to go straight to my life learnings.) March 2019- Victoria B.C. Not going to go into detail but we ate a lot of good food and saw a lot of pretty things. I made friends with a Chocolatier a

Australia

Guysss, Australia was a dream! I know that this was already my third trip there, but the views just never get old and I can easily say that this was one of the best trips I've ever taken. Obviously, the best thing ever was getting to meet my chicken nugget niece Laylah for the first time. She is such a fierce little daredevil who never sits still but has the funniest facial expressions and word pronunciations- love her with all my heart. Hanging out with sweet Dedric was a treat as well, as soon as he woke up I would hear him yell "Daddy! Mommy! Auttieeeee!" from his room. Shortly after we arrived, Sabir and I left up north to stay at a pretty sweet AirBNB located in North Beach, just one block from the beach. I truly just wanna describe every beach as "the most incredible beach" but don't wanna lose credibility with my readers, but really, every beach we went to was the most incredible beach. While at North Beach, we took a day trip to crazy beautiful

Judge Not/Love More

Last Sunday's youth sermon was truly convicting. And not just a "yeah, that was important" type of convicting, but really a "wow, I need to change my whole perspective and really hit the root issue here, truly repent and ask God to change my heart in this regard" type of convicting. The whole time I felt as though the sermon had been specially crafted for me- to really get me to analyze my own heart and realize how little I love the people that are truly my brothers and sisters. By nature I love to critique everything- I always thought it would be awesome to have a career where I get to criticize companies or stores and tell them what they are doing wrong. Unfortunately my sinful nature brings this into the way I deal with people. As I was listening to the sermon I realized that judging people was just my default setting. In my own head, to myself, I always concealed this as honest assessment or analyzing- instead of downright, sinful judging. When I would be c