Skip to main content

His Timing

Being patient was hard, and I prayed for a new job for over a year- it's so crazy but God gave me a new job at the perfect moment. I had interviewed for a Quality Coordinator position that I really wanted and got the offer call half an hour before I left on my vacation. Yesterday I put in my two week notice to my current employer and it's hard to believe that something I prayed so long for is finally happening. I think the most important thing that God taught me throughout the last year was to not have my joy attached to these life events that I pray for. I'm sure that sometime soon I'm going to think of some new life venture that I want that I will start praying for- learning contentment guarantees joy no matter the outcome. God could have made me wait five more years before giving me the job I want, and He would have been just as good and just- grace abounds.

Popular posts from this blog

Playlist

Writing research papers is no easy task. It requires lots of snacks, breaks, and temporary moments of sheer insanity- the most important thing though?- An awesome playlist.  Lately I have been favoring RATATAT.  Simply because I work best under pressure and their music makes me feel anxious and gives me a good boost of adrenaline. I know that's not healthy in the long run- but for writing extensive essays, it will do.  Click Here for what I've been listening to endlessly for about 3 days now

Doubt

This week I have been reflecting on where I am in my life and my level of contentment and confidence in what I am doing. I am in a CS Lewis book club where we are reading Screwtape Letters and it has caused me to be more aware of which thoughts the devil puts into my head and how hard he works to tear me down. I have exactly the life that I pictured I would and the life that I wanted and planned for. Along the way I had a lot of hardships, but ultimately God still gave me what I wanted. What is baffling for me is that the devil can give me so much doubt and discontentment even in situations that I know are right for my life. I realized that there won't be a moment in my life where I will be perfectly content and be absolutely happy about every aspect in my life- not without a fight at least. Reading this book has showed me how actively I have to fight every day to stay alert and listen to the voice of God and tell myself truth instead of listening to the lies that the devil tries ...

Bucket List

Ride in a Hot Air Balloon