Skip to main content

You missed me, I'm flattered

Hello Peasants, multiples of yous have requested an updated blog post- like whyyyyyy tho?
Please note the following reasons for which I have stopped blogging:

  • IG stories now keeps all of my highlighted content from my travels
  • I keep a journal for the deep stuff
  • I have become more introverted and am very intentional about spending purposeful time with people that matter to me- basically all of the important people already know what's going on in my life. If you read my blog... well then, lets rethink our friendship
But I'll bite, I'll provide a quick update of a few places I have traveled to and a few things I have learned about myself/God/the world/existence/life/people etc., since my last post. 

Alrighty, lets dive in - I'll try to keep it brief (skip to the end to go straight to my life learnings.)

March 2019- Victoria B.C.
Not going to go into detail but we ate a lot of good food and saw a lot of pretty things. I made friends with a Chocolatier and also one of my brackets came off as I was eating brunch, eventful.



May 2019- NYC.
Promptly after returning from Victoria, Tanya asked me if I wanted to go to NYC during the Memorial Day weekend. I originally declined but then remember that my New Year's resolution had been to be more of a 'yes' woman and thus I ended up in NYC, #noragrets.
Highlights:
  • Food
  • Brighton Beach
  • Getting proposed to multiple times in the street
  • Rockefeller Center
  • The MET
  • Biking through Central Park
October 2019:
Wasn't planning on going anywhere else, but that PTO ain't gonna use itself, soooo... Sabir and I decided to take another trip. 
Itinerary: Land in Porto, Portugal > Fly to Barcelona, Spain > Road trip to Southern Spain making stops in Valencia, Cartagena, Estepona, and  > Visit Gibraltar for a day > Ferry to Tangier, Morocco > Return ferry to Spain and stay in Marbella > Fly home from Malaga, Spain
Highlights:
  • Tapas in Porto
  • Eating paella in Valencia, which is it's birthplace
  • Walking through an airstrip to enter into Gibraltar
  • Riding camels in Morocco - also the snake charmer, also another marriage proposal, eventful
March 2020:
My frannnnn Tanya is boujeeee so we celebrated her birthday on Balboa Island, CA. It was so lovely and lush but I hurt my foot halfway through so I spent half of the time limping around.
Non-travel related highlights: 
I earned my CPHQ (Certified Professional of Healthcare Quality) this March after studying for it for a year. 
Life learnings: 
  • Always leave people better than you found them
  • I learned that principle isn't always more important than the person
  • Pursuit of peace is vital and comes from a deep trust that God is who He says He is
  • Sometimes our trials aren't even about us, but God's way of making someone else grow
  • Continued gratitude for deep friendships, especially married friends who still make time
  • Gratitude for people in my life who care about my mental health, validate my feelings and acknowledge that my struggles are perfectly human
  • It's not on any other person to help me feel worthy
  • Never apologize for being vulnerable
P.S. my apologies for how wonky this blog looks, the Dynamic view I previously had broke and I haven't been able to figure how to fix it. 

Popular posts from this blog

Playlist

Writing research papers is no easy task. It requires lots of snacks, breaks, and temporary moments of sheer insanity- the most important thing though?- An awesome playlist.  Lately I have been favoring RATATAT.  Simply because I work best under pressure and their music makes me feel anxious and gives me a good boost of adrenaline. I know that's not healthy in the long run- but for writing extensive essays, it will do.  Click Here for what I've been listening to endlessly for about 3 days now

Doubt

This week I have been reflecting on where I am in my life and my level of contentment and confidence in what I am doing. I am in a CS Lewis book club where we are reading Screwtape Letters and it has caused me to be more aware of which thoughts the devil puts into my head and how hard he works to tear me down. I have exactly the life that I pictured I would and the life that I wanted and planned for. Along the way I had a lot of hardships, but ultimately God still gave me what I wanted. What is baffling for me is that the devil can give me so much doubt and discontentment even in situations that I know are right for my life. I realized that there won't be a moment in my life where I will be perfectly content and be absolutely happy about every aspect in my life- not without a fight at least. Reading this book has showed me how actively I have to fight every day to stay alert and listen to the voice of God and tell myself truth instead of listening to the lies that the devil tries ...

Bucket List

Ride in a Hot Air Balloon