Skip to main content

Resolved!

I resolve to let go of the small stuff. The insignificant little grievances that make me bitter and upset and that oppose my selfish standard for how I think I should be treated. In light of tragic events that have recently occurred in my church, I have been thinking about things I might later regret. When people I love begin to disappear from my life, what am I going to regret most about my relationships with them? And that is when I realized how so foolishly I had been holding on to bitter disappointments and keeping them buried deep in my heart- refusing to forgive and instead foster a deeper and more meaningful relationship with them. I realized that it is all of the little things I refuse to let go of: all of the memories of shortcomings and mistakes- that is what keeps me from loving with a Christ like love. Am I so perfect that I am not in need of such grace from others? Absolutely not! I struggled with this thought for a while and would not stop seeing my grievances as legitimate. During this process I realized that it doesn't really matter. It is so much more important to see how fragile life is- I do not want to spend mine being bitter towards others. Remember the good stuff and love them while you have them. My prayers go out to everyone who is grieving- courage dear heart. 

Popular posts from this blog

Playlist

Writing research papers is no easy task. It requires lots of snacks, breaks, and temporary moments of sheer insanity- the most important thing though?- An awesome playlist.  Lately I have been favoring RATATAT.  Simply because I work best under pressure and their music makes me feel anxious and gives me a good boost of adrenaline. I know that's not healthy in the long run- but for writing extensive essays, it will do.  Click Here for what I've been listening to endlessly for about 3 days now

Doubt

This week I have been reflecting on where I am in my life and my level of contentment and confidence in what I am doing. I am in a CS Lewis book club where we are reading Screwtape Letters and it has caused me to be more aware of which thoughts the devil puts into my head and how hard he works to tear me down. I have exactly the life that I pictured I would and the life that I wanted and planned for. Along the way I had a lot of hardships, but ultimately God still gave me what I wanted. What is baffling for me is that the devil can give me so much doubt and discontentment even in situations that I know are right for my life. I realized that there won't be a moment in my life where I will be perfectly content and be absolutely happy about every aspect in my life- not without a fight at least. Reading this book has showed me how actively I have to fight every day to stay alert and listen to the voice of God and tell myself truth instead of listening to the lies that the devil tries ...

Bucket List

Ride in a Hot Air Balloon