Skip to main content

Saturdays Off...

Are very rare! My job normally doesn't give me Saturdays off for no reason but I guess today is an exception: and I am loving every bit of it. I started my day with making myself french toast, then went to the market where I got cherries for mom and helped myself to some beautiful peonies and now I am sitting inside of Thatchers and sipping on some amazing iced coffee and reading and now blogging. It took me a while to get into the mood of blogging because I refuse to do it out of obligation or forcing myself- that's why this blog post is so boring thus far: I'm not even trying, I'm just lazily typing.. hahahahaha. and now Sabir came and I'm sure I won't get anything done from this point on. 
Ok anyway, lets tell you about Canada. We got there on Thursday afternoon and were met with some rain but went kayaking anyway and absolutely loved it. We kayaked around the harbor where we saw seals and ate kelp and I got to hold a jellyfish. The next day we went ziplining and to Craigdaroch Castle- we enjoyed everything. The castle was so beautiful and felt absolutely enchanting. We found a beach and just did a lot of chillin. We also went sailing on Saturday evening and just enjoyed walking around the harbor and historical sites as the Parliament building and Empress Hotel lit up. On Sunday we went to Butchart Gardens and visited the Empress Hotel for afternoon tea- this was my favorite simply because it's our most memorable experience (fun fact: tea for 2 at the Empress Hotel costs about $150... let's just say we didn't expect that!) Our biggest difficulty was the fact that even though Victoria isn't very far, it is still in another country and our phones didn't work- we had to rely on an old school map to find our way around.
Coming back home was disappointing because Victoria was so lovely and classy and I enjoyed not working so much. Now I am back to reality and found out that my last day at NWHF is going to be on August 14th, which made me panic a bit about finding a job soon- I am convinced that there is nothing worse than job searching. It's been a difficult week and I have a million things to do, goodbye faithful blog readers. 













Popular posts from this blog

Playlist

Writing research papers is no easy task. It requires lots of snacks, breaks, and temporary moments of sheer insanity- the most important thing though?- An awesome playlist.  Lately I have been favoring RATATAT.  Simply because I work best under pressure and their music makes me feel anxious and gives me a good boost of adrenaline. I know that's not healthy in the long run- but for writing extensive essays, it will do.  Click Here for what I've been listening to endlessly for about 3 days now

Doubt

This week I have been reflecting on where I am in my life and my level of contentment and confidence in what I am doing. I am in a CS Lewis book club where we are reading Screwtape Letters and it has caused me to be more aware of which thoughts the devil puts into my head and how hard he works to tear me down. I have exactly the life that I pictured I would and the life that I wanted and planned for. Along the way I had a lot of hardships, but ultimately God still gave me what I wanted. What is baffling for me is that the devil can give me so much doubt and discontentment even in situations that I know are right for my life. I realized that there won't be a moment in my life where I will be perfectly content and be absolutely happy about every aspect in my life- not without a fight at least. Reading this book has showed me how actively I have to fight every day to stay alert and listen to the voice of God and tell myself truth instead of listening to the lies that the devil tries ...

Bucket List

Ride in a Hot Air Balloon