Skip to main content

Opportunities

A few weeks ago I applied for an internship and had completely forgotten about it because I figured that I didn't stand a chance in getting it. It is incredibly difficult to find a decent internship these days, especially in community health. It is even more difficult to find a paid internship in community health because most community health organizations are non-profit and aren't usually dishing out well paying internships. I received an email earlier this week being invited for an interview and was shocked since I had completely forgot about it. I accepted the invitation knowing that there would be no way that I would get it but figured it would be good practice to interview with community health related settings. I had my interview yesterday morning and would say it went fairly well- I was told that a decision would be made by Tuesday because there were other people to interview since the pool of applicants was very extensive. As I was driving home from class, I received and phone call being told that I had been accepted!!! Yes, I am the new intern at Northwest Health Foundation, and I could not be happier about it. Praisaloojah! So thankful for such an opportunity and am looking forward to the work I'll get to do. 

Popular posts from this blog

Playlist

Writing research papers is no easy task. It requires lots of snacks, breaks, and temporary moments of sheer insanity- the most important thing though?- An awesome playlist.  Lately I have been favoring RATATAT.  Simply because I work best under pressure and their music makes me feel anxious and gives me a good boost of adrenaline. I know that's not healthy in the long run- but for writing extensive essays, it will do.  Click Here for what I've been listening to endlessly for about 3 days now

Doubt

This week I have been reflecting on where I am in my life and my level of contentment and confidence in what I am doing. I am in a CS Lewis book club where we are reading Screwtape Letters and it has caused me to be more aware of which thoughts the devil puts into my head and how hard he works to tear me down. I have exactly the life that I pictured I would and the life that I wanted and planned for. Along the way I had a lot of hardships, but ultimately God still gave me what I wanted. What is baffling for me is that the devil can give me so much doubt and discontentment even in situations that I know are right for my life. I realized that there won't be a moment in my life where I will be perfectly content and be absolutely happy about every aspect in my life- not without a fight at least. Reading this book has showed me how actively I have to fight every day to stay alert and listen to the voice of God and tell myself truth instead of listening to the lies that the devil tries ...

Bucket List

Ride in a Hot Air Balloon