Skip to main content

Life brings change

Inevitable fear- the discovery of a new path that was previously invisible. That path stares straight as I approach it; it won't budge, it won't move to let me travel the familiar road. My feet keep swiftly moving themselves one before the other even though my subconscious yells "STOP!" The closer I get the wider the road grows. It multiplies in size, it overwhelms and envelopes; like a wave it covers me and pulls me farther away from shore. I flail my arms, screaming for rescue but its too late and I have been swallowed by the deep. I am forever changed. I learn to stand tall and confident a midst the challenge; until a new and wider path faces me and I am again diminished and brought back to the state of inevitable fear.  

Popular posts from this blog

Playlist

Writing research papers is no easy task. It requires lots of snacks, breaks, and temporary moments of sheer insanity- the most important thing though?- An awesome playlist.  Lately I have been favoring RATATAT.  Simply because I work best under pressure and their music makes me feel anxious and gives me a good boost of adrenaline. I know that's not healthy in the long run- but for writing extensive essays, it will do.  Click Here for what I've been listening to endlessly for about 3 days now

Doubt

This week I have been reflecting on where I am in my life and my level of contentment and confidence in what I am doing. I am in a CS Lewis book club where we are reading Screwtape Letters and it has caused me to be more aware of which thoughts the devil puts into my head and how hard he works to tear me down. I have exactly the life that I pictured I would and the life that I wanted and planned for. Along the way I had a lot of hardships, but ultimately God still gave me what I wanted. What is baffling for me is that the devil can give me so much doubt and discontentment even in situations that I know are right for my life. I realized that there won't be a moment in my life where I will be perfectly content and be absolutely happy about every aspect in my life- not without a fight at least. Reading this book has showed me how actively I have to fight every day to stay alert and listen to the voice of God and tell myself truth instead of listening to the lies that the devil tries ...

Bucket List

Ride in a Hot Air Balloon