Skip to main content

The Rest of my Aussie Vacation Part 3

One of the last places we visited was Penguin Island. Although I would gladly sign a petition to have it renamed to Seagull Island. We were met by about 100000000 seagulls that chant in unison until your ears bleed. I attended a penguin feeding where I got to see penguins being fed (go figure). Although my previously held obsession with penguins has been terminated it was still cool to see the little guys waddling about. The sunset pics are from one of my last few nights in Australia when Kevin, Julie and I went to watch the sunset at Secret Harbour Beach and stayed for some stargazing as well. This beach is right next to the city but luckily there are no city lights there to interrupt the viewing of the galaxies. Afterwards we thought it was only appropriate to finish the day off by watching "Finding Nemo" :) 
The last few pics are already from my way home. The two second to last photos were taken at Sydney International Airport while I was stuck there for about 7 hours! And the very last one I snapped of the sun coming up as we approached Hawaii for one of my stops. I am so thankful for the opportunity to even go to Australia and to have people there who were so loving and caring that they would take me to see all of these wonderfully amazing places- THANKS A GAZILLION JULIE AND KEVIN!!! #iloveAustralia














Popular posts from this blog

Playlist

Writing research papers is no easy task. It requires lots of snacks, breaks, and temporary moments of sheer insanity- the most important thing though?- An awesome playlist.  Lately I have been favoring RATATAT.  Simply because I work best under pressure and their music makes me feel anxious and gives me a good boost of adrenaline. I know that's not healthy in the long run- but for writing extensive essays, it will do.  Click Here for what I've been listening to endlessly for about 3 days now

Doubt

This week I have been reflecting on where I am in my life and my level of contentment and confidence in what I am doing. I am in a CS Lewis book club where we are reading Screwtape Letters and it has caused me to be more aware of which thoughts the devil puts into my head and how hard he works to tear me down. I have exactly the life that I pictured I would and the life that I wanted and planned for. Along the way I had a lot of hardships, but ultimately God still gave me what I wanted. What is baffling for me is that the devil can give me so much doubt and discontentment even in situations that I know are right for my life. I realized that there won't be a moment in my life where I will be perfectly content and be absolutely happy about every aspect in my life- not without a fight at least. Reading this book has showed me how actively I have to fight every day to stay alert and listen to the voice of God and tell myself truth instead of listening to the lies that the devil tries ...

Bucket List

Ride in a Hot Air Balloon