Skip to main content

Committed

I'll confess, I haven't been in the mood to blog at all lately, but I am committed therefore I shall enlighten you with my experiences. I haven't been up to much lately so I shan't bore you with every detail. On Saturday we went to a place called Hillary's that is located right in the foreshore. There is a nice beach there with shops and restaurants and a most beautiful boat harbor. There is also an aquarium in the midst which was our main reason for going. I absolutely loved it!! We got to pet sting rays and small sharks and saw some quite amazing creatures. My favorite part was the tunnel that is surrounded by gigantic sting rays, huge sharks, awesome sea turtles and lots of other beautiful water specimens. After we left the aquarium we grabbed some lunch and afterwards went to walk the beach. The rest of the day was uneventful. Yesterday I had the privilege of once more attending church where I met more people and got to enjoy the wonderful service. Lunch consisted of fish and chips... Mine in particular was shark and chips. I know it sounds weird but I promise you that shark is actually very delicious; I found myself preferring it to regular fish and shall like to definitely have it again. Today was also an uneventful day but tomorrow looks promising because sister and I have plans to visit the zoo where I hope to pet a koala. That's gonna be a wrap for tonight's post, hope you are all well:)
P.S yesterday I also met Kevin's cat Dante who lives with Kevin's mom- I just wanna eat him up.













Popular posts from this blog

Playlist

Writing research papers is no easy task. It requires lots of snacks, breaks, and temporary moments of sheer insanity- the most important thing though?- An awesome playlist.  Lately I have been favoring RATATAT.  Simply because I work best under pressure and their music makes me feel anxious and gives me a good boost of adrenaline. I know that's not healthy in the long run- but for writing extensive essays, it will do.  Click Here for what I've been listening to endlessly for about 3 days now

Doubt

This week I have been reflecting on where I am in my life and my level of contentment and confidence in what I am doing. I am in a CS Lewis book club where we are reading Screwtape Letters and it has caused me to be more aware of which thoughts the devil puts into my head and how hard he works to tear me down. I have exactly the life that I pictured I would and the life that I wanted and planned for. Along the way I had a lot of hardships, but ultimately God still gave me what I wanted. What is baffling for me is that the devil can give me so much doubt and discontentment even in situations that I know are right for my life. I realized that there won't be a moment in my life where I will be perfectly content and be absolutely happy about every aspect in my life- not without a fight at least. Reading this book has showed me how actively I have to fight every day to stay alert and listen to the voice of God and tell myself truth instead of listening to the lies that the devil tries ...

Bucket List

Ride in a Hot Air Balloon