Skip to main content

Most Peculiar

Yesterday I was struck down with the most unfortunate case of food poisoning!... Only to find out that 5 of my friends were in the same exact situation. This made sense because we all hung out on Monday and Tuesday evenings and must have consumed something of the most unclean nature. It was a most horrid experience that I wish none of us have to go through again. I am happy to say that today that evil is purged from within us and we are all feeling better :)
Happy Friday Everyone!

Popular posts from this blog

Playlist

Writing research papers is no easy task. It requires lots of snacks, breaks, and temporary moments of sheer insanity- the most important thing though?- An awesome playlist.  Lately I have been favoring RATATAT.  Simply because I work best under pressure and their music makes me feel anxious and gives me a good boost of adrenaline. I know that's not healthy in the long run- but for writing extensive essays, it will do.  Click Here for what I've been listening to endlessly for about 3 days now

Doubt

This week I have been reflecting on where I am in my life and my level of contentment and confidence in what I am doing. I am in a CS Lewis book club where we are reading Screwtape Letters and it has caused me to be more aware of which thoughts the devil puts into my head and how hard he works to tear me down. I have exactly the life that I pictured I would and the life that I wanted and planned for. Along the way I had a lot of hardships, but ultimately God still gave me what I wanted. What is baffling for me is that the devil can give me so much doubt and discontentment even in situations that I know are right for my life. I realized that there won't be a moment in my life where I will be perfectly content and be absolutely happy about every aspect in my life- not without a fight at least. Reading this book has showed me how actively I have to fight every day to stay alert and listen to the voice of God and tell myself truth instead of listening to the lies that the devil tries ...

Bucket List

Ride in a Hot Air Balloon