Skip to main content

Memorable Moments of 2012

January
My sister moved to Australia
I got hired at the Student Learning Center
February
Beach trip with Nastya, Larisa and Chewy
 
March
Started my Blog!!!
April
Beach trip with Anna, Kat and Lena
 
May
Oaks Park with friends
 
June
Finished A&P sequence, Spring Thing
 
July
My sister came to visit, we went to Leavenworth
 
 
August
Got to be on Activiteam at Camp Vapor
 
September
College Retreat, Vista House outing to watch sunrise, my grandmother passed away
 
October
Went to the Proof of Your Love Tour Concert and met For King and Country, got to be a part of organizing the Reformation Day Play
 
November
Family Literacy Night hosted by the SLC, 100th blog post!
 
December
Completed my AA degree, turned 20, had crazy food poisoning
 

Popular posts from this blog

Playlist

Writing research papers is no easy task. It requires lots of snacks, breaks, and temporary moments of sheer insanity- the most important thing though?- An awesome playlist.  Lately I have been favoring RATATAT.  Simply because I work best under pressure and their music makes me feel anxious and gives me a good boost of adrenaline. I know that's not healthy in the long run- but for writing extensive essays, it will do.  Click Here for what I've been listening to endlessly for about 3 days now

Doubt

This week I have been reflecting on where I am in my life and my level of contentment and confidence in what I am doing. I am in a CS Lewis book club where we are reading Screwtape Letters and it has caused me to be more aware of which thoughts the devil puts into my head and how hard he works to tear me down. I have exactly the life that I pictured I would and the life that I wanted and planned for. Along the way I had a lot of hardships, but ultimately God still gave me what I wanted. What is baffling for me is that the devil can give me so much doubt and discontentment even in situations that I know are right for my life. I realized that there won't be a moment in my life where I will be perfectly content and be absolutely happy about every aspect in my life- not without a fight at least. Reading this book has showed me how actively I have to fight every day to stay alert and listen to the voice of God and tell myself truth instead of listening to the lies that the devil tries ...

Bucket List

Ride in a Hot Air Balloon